Monday, December 20, 2010

On the Chopping Block! (Part Deux)

OK, so I talked about my new hairstyle inspirations already (check it out here) and then plugged my nose and jumped in the deep end. It's not dramatic without a "before and after" photo compilation, so here is one I took of myself- myspace style, of course! ;)

BEFORE:
Honestly, there was nothing wrong with my cut at all. I like my hair long, but my appreciation of the Olsen-esque, boho-chic aesthetic (AKA, laziness) was not doing me any favors in the polishing-up-for-work dept. I found myself stuffing my hair in a bun quite often, and as I have not mastered the super-cute-yet-seemingly-off-hand technique, it wasn't cutting it (hehe).

(Banana Republic top from ages ago- love that their stuff is always wearable)


AFTER:
I now own a short lil bob. I took these pics after work and now think it looks a little flat (esp in the rightmost pic) but I am still figuring out what to do with it ;) I am also going to have to experiment and see what it looks like wavy...can't wait!
I had my hair gal darken it a little, too, since I am enjoying my brunette phase and the last glaze had faded significantly...

(Hinge sequin cardi, Alternative Apparel cowl-neck top, vintage necklace that has broken a billion times...thank goodness for pliers)

So, in short (hehe), the hair saga of life continues. Thank you so much for the product suggestions you gals left in response to the previous post-- looks like I have more to add to my Wishlist!
Happy Monday!
PS- Who is already done with Christmas shopping? You are my hero...

14 comments:

  1. I really like your new-do...It looks amazing on you,sweetie:)
    Im pretty much done with shopping...I think we have it all...It was a very busy weekend:) Wish you a lovely MOnday, darling
    Kisses

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! It;s making me want to cut mine too :). And xmas shopping is definitely not done although I tried to finish this weekend.Hope you have a great day! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sooooo chic! And love your sequin cardi and necklace in the post-chop photos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh girl I love it! I've been thinking about cutting my hair for awhile but just can't decide what to do with it. Love the bob!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay I LOVE IT!! Seriously LOVE IT...do you live anywhere near SoCal? Because whoever cuts your hair knows what they are doing. That is a precision cut extraordinaire and it looks great!!

    Your long was superb too, but if you're going shorter this is the way to go. Hooray!!

    xo,
    C

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Free Bird: Funny you said that about my hair gal bc she gave me the cut she has when she is in "short hair mode" so I thought it turned out pretty well considering how quickly she cut it. Sadly, she is in Phoenix, AZ, but that's only 6 hrs away, right?! ;)

    @Marge: Thanks, it was "fancy day" at work!

    Good luck with battling the crowds everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look so cute! I love your little bob and the color is absolutely gorgeous!
    xo Josie
    http://winksmilestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it!! It looks so great, and I'm really happy to see that I'm not the only one who just chopped my hair!!!

    Hope you're having a great Monday!

    Julie xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. you are a brave woman! i even think about going above the shoulders and my head spins! but it paid off for you, your hair looks great!

    ps-i'm having a leather jacket giveaway and would love for you to enter!

    ReplyDelete
  10. so pretty! i want to chop off my hair sometimes, but it gives me a slight panic attack just thinking about it. looks great!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. You look fabulous on your new look.
    Love the hair style
    LOx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your haircut! It's so chic!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am loving everything about your new haircut! Its definitely got me wanting to take the scissors to mine! The color is also uber-chic and looks fabulous! Also...love that sequin cardi ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. You look AMAZING! I love how it highlights your eyes and makes your neck look so elegant!

    ReplyDelete