Friday, November 5, 2010

Cutting Coupons...

I have never been a coupon cutter. But, I loves me a good deal, so when www.groupon.com came around, I joined. The concept is that a deal is created and if a specified number of people buy it, the deal is "on." While some of the Groupons are for things I am not interested in, like stuff relating to children's petting zoos or wilderness treks, I have actually been really impressed with the scope of variety. I am now the owner of a Groupon for a deal on laser hair removal (eek), a GAP deal ($25 for $50 certificate = mini-spree!) and yoga instruction (1 month unlimited classes and a private instruction at a cute studio for $20!).

I haven't used those yet, but I did take my man to Indulge Burger the other day, Groupon in hand ($15 for a $30 certificate), and was not disappointed. I didn't bring my camera, but trust me, it was amazing. You build your own burger (pick the brioche bun!), choose your meat, which can include salmon or a veggie burger (kobe = yum!), cheese (gruyere is my fav) and about a billion other things. Look at the menu online and you will see what I mean.

That was quite the tangent. (But a delicious one). My point is that you should check out sites like groupon.com and the newly launched livingsocial.com for clothing deals and delicious adventures! (If your city isn't listed, check to see if neighboring cities are included).

Where do you get your great deals? Or are some things worth the splurge?

5 comments:

  1. i'm also obsessed with groupons! i've bought some really great deals (including the gap one!)

    stayfabulous,
    zarna
    www.zarnasrunway.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh girl - I LOVE groupon! I just purchased one a couple days ago! My hubby and I also purchased sailing lessons this summer. So random, but so much fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i haven't joined yet, but this post has given me major incentive to do so! who doesn't love a great deal?

    http://style-haus.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you for passing by and leaving your sweet comment! i'm happy you liked my blog! and if you like great deals come and join my give-away! :D

    xoxo from rome
    K.
    http://kcomekarolina.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I CLEARLY need to become friends with these coupon sites. Absolutely genius.
    xo Josie
    http://winksmilestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete