Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Spring RTW 2011--Sophie Theallet

If you have ever met Azzedine Alaia, I am interested in talking to you. If you worked for her for 10 years, I want to study you like a botanist would study a new species of the Venus Fly Trap from some exotic region of the world. So yeah, I kinda want to befriend Sophie Theallet. The chance to observe her working in her "natural habitat" would be pretty awesome, but looking at her runway show is the next best thing. This season's collection was supposed to be inspired by Latin culture and famous Latin personalities, but I got more of a retro vibe...

Simple, belted satin coat? A must..!

The bottom layer of this skirt makes me smile.

You know I am a sucker for draping! Plus that vintage glam and a great color = timeless.

I wish the photos were better because my favorite part of Theallet's work is in her attention to detail, but this is enough to cause some vintage-inspired outfits for work this week!

*photos from style.com

1 comment: