Thursday, October 14, 2010

Oh, the Possiblities!

On my latest trip to Last Chance, I stumbled upon (what I thought was) a crazy blue/purple jacket. The sleeves are short and ruched, but the length is longer, to the knee, so I thought it would snazzy with a black shift dress and other fitted outfits. The tag was labeled "S" for Small, but it looked a little big, so I looked at the inside tag, which also said "S," so I thought maybe Ted Baker was making jackets with a boyfriend fit or something and, since it had no imperfections other than a missing belt, I gleefully pranced to the cash register. When I got home, I did a search to see what my jacket's original belt looked like and this is what I found:

Yeah......it's really a wrap dress. And I forgot that Ted Baker sizes are 0-5, so what I assumed was a S was really a 5, so that's why the jacket-now-dress is way too big... Rather than get discouraged over buying something (non-returnable) that is way too big, I thought, "if I initially thought it was a jacket, why can't it be a jacket?" Maybe it just needs a few changes and a little tailoring. Let me know if you have any ideas and stay tuned for the (hopefully) successful outcome!

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to see how it turns out! Good luck with the tailoring... The color is great!
    xo Josie
    http://winksmilestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete