Monday, October 3, 2011

Monday: Gettin' Down to Business...Sort-Of...

I am on my lunch break catching-up on what's happened in the blog-o-sphere this weekend. I went "camping" this weekend with the Bf and his coworkers (and their respective significant others) and had a blast. (I wrote "camping" bc we stayed in a rustic cabin with five sets of bunk beds and a heater, so it wasn't camping in the strictest sense, but it was "roughing it" compared to everyday life!) I am sorting through the pictures-- why do I take so many blurry pictures of leaves every time I am in the wilderness?!?!?-- and will post if there are any good ones (no promises!) but during my sorting I ran across a recent DIY project that I thought I'd share. I didn't include step-by-step pictures because I made this on lunch break at work, (I have gotten really productive during lunch, haven't I?) but I love how easy it was to make!

Ta-Da!


Here is somewhat of a close-up:




I have seen these on the wrists of many-a-fab blogger but only just felt like making one when I found an old chain I haven't used for a project in a long time. If you want to make one for yourself just grab an old, chunky chain (or a cheap, new chain) and two colors of embroidery thread. I simply knotted one color thread down each side of the chain....really, that's it. I am excited to wear my new bracelet because the changing seasons have me defaulting to a wardrobe palette of charcoal and black. At least I will have a little color in my outfits while I work on this whole "changing seasons" and "layering-for-necessity-rather-than-aesthetics" thing ;)

Hope everyone is having a great Monday, (well, as good as a Monday can get), and let me know if you have tried this DIY project before or if you have any layering tips!!!

7 comments:

  1. What a fun DIY! I absolutely ADORE it!
    xo Josie
    www.winksmilestyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! I am definitely going to have to try this our :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been wanting to make this for a while. Yours came out so good! I'm gonna have to look for a chain bracelet like that so I can finally make one now, you've inspired me :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your bracelet turned out awesome! Love the colors that you chose!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this turned out so well--good job! I love the colors you chose :)

    ReplyDelete