Thursday, January 20, 2011

Why Do We Love YSL?

Why, oh, why! Oh, I know, because it is awesome. I haven't been impressed with the clothing at YSL for some time, but I do like their accessory aesthetic. I am a stalwart admirer of the Muse- I like the Roady, but the Muse is just soooo nice (Cheshire-Cat smile on my face). I love the classic style of the darker pieces and the refreshingly spring-like qualities of the bright pieces that follow:

How cute is this dress? Super polished, but with a fun bow.


Ahh, the Muse. Sigh. I love the structure and the leather is SO soft! I "tried on" a brown one at a store and the leather was so soft I just wanted to snuggle in it and take a nap...


This Arty Flower Ring is awesome- a statement piece balanced with delicate styling:


The Roady. (Another sigh). It might be a second favorite, but I love the slouchy construction and the little hooks that join the handle to to body of this tote. The blue color is surprisingly awesome and very wearable:


I love the subtle animal print of this scarf combined with the light color-- super versatile. How great would this look with a pair of high-waisted flares?


(As always, click on a picture to take you to the original source)

So there you have it, this is what I have been daydreaming about today. Are you a YSL fan, or does the brand seem too matronly and overplayed as of late? And if you own a Muse, tell me how great it is...and maybe let me borrow it? J/K

5 comments:

  1. Love the blue bag! Make sure you sign up to follow to enter our giveaway to win a super cute flannel from the retro-revived Les Halles! XO

    http://bornandbread.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the first dress, it's so chic! :)

    x Christine @ Fanciful Vision

    ReplyDelete
  3. THAT DRESS. I need it! So clean and chic and will NEVER go out of style.
    xo Josie
    http://winksmilestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whenever I think of YSL, I think of it being for more 'mature' women. I do love the bags though.

    Check my blog tomorrow, I'm giving you the Stylish Blogger award!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have always loved YSL.. but this coming from the same girl who would wear every thing from ODLR.. I think I'm an old soul.

    Anyways thank you for your really sweet comment. you have a great blog. I'm following too :)

    CESTDEMODE.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete